Monday, February 6, 2012

Okidokie!
Hiyas everybody :D I am still super stoked about Baby Jackson! I have a new Nephew!!! I sure hope I get to meet him when I come home! :D
 
Mom thank you for the wonderfull Poem that you sent me just a few minutes ago, I enjoyed reading it, and if I could I'd be hugging you right now <3
 
So! It's my Birthday soon! I'm turning 20! How crazy is that? I don't really feel older, in fact I feel quite youthful :P maybe it's just because I am not at the day yet XD
 
Scott And Melanie! Thank you for the letter Melanie, I was so shocked when it arrived XD I'm so glad that you and Scott had a blast and got to meet famous dudes lol, wish I could have joined you guys. Note to self- At comic con stick with Scott and Melanie for the good stuff XD
 
This week was pretty interesting, we met some realllllly weird people XD ok, not people, just the one, and I will describe him shortly, but first the normal stuff.
IT SNOWEDDD AGAIN :D That made me happy :D But today we just get rain and cold lol. sad panda? indeed.
 
We got to visit a few less active members recently who are really nice people, one of which is even able to speak English, and he totally reminds me of Jesse Romero!
 
Interesting fact: My companion totally reminds me/looks like (To me) Peter from Fringe! I was like.... you look kinda familiar.... PETER!!! XD
 
Ok, back to the weird dude:
We went to Church this fast Sunday, and when we got there, there was a man wearing a strange outfit and a Brown Cowboy hat. He was bald except that he wore Hair extensions that were Bronze colored. He was missing all of his upper teeth and had plenty of the bottom teeth missing as well. He had two cell phones, one for reading manga on it, and the other for calling people with. he wore a HUGE Jacket and had one of those hip pouches that he wore facing his front. Due to the lack of upper teeth, His Japanese was practically impossible for me to understand, and as it turns out, he had come to the Church to seek after a Job. apparently he had been to the church before, because the members said that he had come once before. I believe his name was Saeko or something similar to that. He seemed like, and interesting fellow, and as we were speaking to him, he fell asleep a couple times, and finally we had to get a member to come help us talk to this guy. we shared a message about the church, and said we would get in contact with him if any jobs worked their way to us.
 
This week's best investigator:
Oota San is a really nice old lady we met one night when Elder Rocha's tire had popped last month, she has come to church once now, and we have met with her for lunch twice and talked about the church. She is really sweet, and is wanting to learn more about the church, so we've been hunting for male church members to come with us to teach her (because we can't teach women alone) having a member present is called having a Tachiai which means an observer.
 
This week I picked up my pencil and started drawing again, and somehow I have improved in my artwork even though I haven't been able to draw very often. Count the little blessing Eh?
 
anyway, I gotta go now and write to President Baird about my week now <3 I love you all!
 
Lots of love from a country far from home <3
Elder Hernandez
Hiru Chourou

No comments:

Post a Comment