Friday, August 26, 2011

26 August 2011


Konnichi wa watashi no kazoku to watashi no tomodachitachi! (Good afternoon my family and my friends!)

This week was a pretty good week, we got our new Kohai (the new Missionaries going to Japan) and they are all an interesting bunch of people, we haven't really gotten to know them very well as of yet, but I am hoping to at least learn some of their names ( there are 42 of them O_O there were only 26 of us XD ) so there are a LOT of newbies here XD it's pretty exciting! I leave the MTC in exactly 1 month from today :O This is insaneeeeee lol, it feels like a dream here, time goes by super slowly it feels like, but then all of the sudden it's a week later and you can remember the previous week like it was just Yesterday, it's really weird XD. I'm so excited to hear about Steven and Brooke's baby! You gotta let me know if it's a boy or a girl, but my guess is it'll be a lil babygirl ^_^ we've been studying lots and lots, and we've been teaching entirely in japanese now, it's crazyness, I can understand more than I can speak at the moment, but I'm learning, and the process is really exciting. 


Over the past two weeks we all had to come up with an investigator profile that we wanted to take on, and once we had that, we teach each other in Japanese, and it's been a really unique experience seeing how the other companionships teach, and it has made me all the more grateful for having been able to get Adams Chourou as my companion, we may be polar opposites in our interests, but when we teach, we teach together, and compliment each other. It's weird seeing the other companionships' teaching methods... Let's just leave it at that XD getting to go to the Temple every P-day a major blessing, because it gets me really happy for the rest of the day, and helps me forget that we have another class after Dinner (our P-day isn't the full day, the first half is our P-day/Temple time, and then after dinner at 4:40 we have class and have to jump back into learning stuff XD )


Speaking of which, this week has been kinda crazy, because we've had a bunch of different teachers, I'll explain why: Our Teacher, Nielson Sensei, went to Japan for two weeks, during that time, we had a Sub, Andrus Sensei. When Nielson Sensei got back, he had an email telling him he was teaching a different class, and that we now have a new teacher, Peterson Sensei. Now, our other Sensei, Gremmert Sensei, is also on a 1 week vacation due to his brother coming home from his mission, so he scheduled us to have Hansen Sensei sub for his shifts for the week. As it turns out, she didn't realize she couldn't take all of his shifts, and asked another Sensei to take the ones she couldn't do, so now we have another Sub for our sub XD . so in total, we've had 6 senseis in on week.... O_O (so far my favorite Senseis are Gremmert and Peterson).

Another thing that I have come to realize while I have been here at the MTC is that I really think we have the best District, the 8 of us are more like a family than just companionships, whereas the other Districts don't really get along very well with each other. (It's kind of funny, but not really, because our District was given the title "the Reject District" and yet we are all closer than any of the others, and are probably the best ones at Japanese so far, and it's because we help each other learn when we are struggling rather than letting them try and swim it alone) So I have come to be very very Grateful for the people in our District (if you don't remember their names, it's me, Adams, Johnson, Murray, Fry, Clark, Stott, and Mano). Thank you Mary Dad and Meleah for writing to me this week, I really needed those letters, even if all you can do is send something through DearElder.com, it's much appreciated, any letters, emails, or DearElders make me the happiest camper here XD


So Write me pleeeezzzzzzz :D I love you all and want to hear from you badly! ^_^ I hope you are all taking care of yourselves, because I am praying for you daily! Don't forget your frekkled Elder! P.S. Mom I'm working on deciphering that handkerchief you sent me, I didn't realize it was a note until this week XD so I'm going to work on deciphering it, and then I will try to reply in a letter I write to you in Quickscript mmkay? I love you! Keep in touch Mina san! (everyone) I miss you and I love you, and I am looking forward to being reunited with you all in due time ^_^ Muah!

Elder Brandon Anthony Hernandez (Hed-doo-nahn-dez-oooh  choo roo)

No comments:

Post a Comment